Direkt zum Inhalt
x

Martinsicuro

On the border with Marche region, Martinsicuro is the first of seven pearls to welcome you to the "garden coast" of Teramo. It is an established tourist, commercial and bathing centre of Abruzzo and, although it was recently established as an autonomous municipality (1963), it boasts ancient origins. Archaeological excavations have allowed the identification, on the hilly complex above the river Tronto, of a large proto-historical village dating from the Bronze Age to the first Iron Age (1000-800 BC). The village rises on the area once occupied by Castrum Truentum, a Roman site at the mouth of the Tronto river. The toponym derives from Captain Martin de Segura who, in the sixteenth century, built the "Tower of Charles V", a mighty quadrangular building, a bulwark of sighting. Inside, the brand new Antiquarium di Castrum Truentinum, where there are important exhibits of ancient settlements dating back to the Bronze Age. The newsstand on the façade, which contains the heraldic signs of Emperor Charles V, is interesting. The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which houses a valuable painting by Giuseppe Pauri and Villa Barnabei, a stately residence dating back to 1866, should also be remembered.

Learn more about it:  http://www.martinsicuro.gov.it

 

 

Provincia: Teramo

CAP: 64014

Prefisso: 0861

Altitudine: 4

POSIZIONE GEOGRAFICA

42.8869619, 13.9131944

Nel museo si  possono ammirare oggetti di antiquariato di ogni tipo, e tra questi automezzi e carrozze d'epoca quali, ad esempio, la carrozza del 1820 che trasporto' Giuseppe Garibaldi " l'eroe dei due mondi " per trasferirsi da Pianella (Pescara) a Castelfidardo, oppure il camioncino " Balilla " con cassonetto che servi' per trasportare i feriti del bombardamento del '43 a Nereto presso l'ospe

La torre di Martinsicuro o torre di Carlo V, si trova sulla costa dell'Adriatico, in provincia di Teramo, vicino alla foce del Tronto, nel comune di Martinsicuro, dalla statale adriatica è possibile vederla. Differisce notevolmente dalle altre torri costiere abruzzesi mentre presenta analogie con quelle laziali, marchigiane e campane.

Il santuario e il convento di Santa Maria dei Lumi, eretti nel 1466, sorgono su un colle dirimpetto all'abitato, a poca distanza dal breve tratto di strada che immette nel centro storico di Civitella del Tronto. La sua fondazione è attribuita a San Giacomo della Marca.