It rises to 1108 m asl, near the sources of the Liri, at the foot of Mount Camiciola. The earliest records of the village of Cappadocia date back to the 12th century, when the churches of Santa Margherita and San Biagio were named in the bull of Clement III. Subject of the ups and downs of the most powerful families of the Marsican area, it belonged first to the Orsini family and then to the Colonna family, to whom it remained linked until the early 19th century. In the upper part of the village, there is an interesting nucleus of old houses with beautiful stone finishes and the church of San Biagio of the medieval period, enlarged and restored in the 17th century. Not far away are the ruins of an abbey of the high-medieval period and the remains of the primitive parish church of S. Margherita. From Cappadocia starts the itinerary that reaches the Sanctuary of the Holy Trinity on the Lazio side and that crosses the whole Simbruini Mountains Park, an unspoiled oasis of greenery and silence. The resort has accommodation facilities and sports facilities for the summer season and in winter it is equipped for cross-country skiing. Next to the territories of the Parks: Regional Velino-Sirente - National of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise - National Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga, Cappadocia allows interesting excursions including that to the Grotto of Beatrice Cenci, an evocative natural environment, which can easily reach by taking the road to the hamlet Verrecchie di Tagliacozzo. It is also easy to reach the Zompo lo Schippo Nature Reserve, the highest waterfall in Abruzzo with its 80 meters, in the municipality of Morino, and the Guided Nature Reserve of Monte Salviano, in the municipality of Avezzano.