Civic Museum "Basilio Cascella" - Pescara
In 1895 the City Administration donated to the artist Basilio Cascella an extensive plot of land, which became the school of graphic design forge of many artists. This school soon became a circle of artists of national and international fame, such as D'Annunzio, Pirandello, Grazia Deledda, Ada Negri, Guido Gozzano, Umberto Saba, Salvatore Di Giacomo, Beltramelli, Vincenzo Bucci, Antonio De Nino, Marrone, Luigi Antonelli, Cerasoli, Gennaro Finamore, Marino Moretti, Clemente Rebora, Arturo Onofri, Corrado Govoni, Federigo Tozzi, Goffredo Bellonci, F.T. Marinetti, Sibilla Aleramo, Amalia Guglielmetti, Giovanni Pascoli, Matilde Serao, Salvator Gotta, who collaborated with the school also through the intervention of important illustration magazines, such as Illustrazione Abruzzese, Illustrazione Meridionale and La Grande Illustrazione. The Museum preserves the fruit of the school of graphics, belonging to the Cascella family, in particular Basil and his sons Thomas, Michael and Joachim. You can admire furniture, art objects, ceramics, picture postcards, cartoons of works, labels, fragments, precious and rare lithographic stones that were used for engravings, paintings and paintings, especially landscape.