Art, Faith and Culture
A mountain that offers breathtaking views and that strongly marks the nature of Abruzzo. But the Apennines is also the mountain that, enclosing this territory, has led it to preserve in itself a huge heritage of art and culture. An ancient culture that has settled over the centuries, a search for faith that man has led for millennia, inspired by the solemnity of these landscapes. Today you can still fully experience this cultural and spiritual dimension in contact with our region, austere and therefore so authentic, among hermitages, churches, castles, villages and cities of art, on a journey of discovery that eventually leads to a more deep with oneself.
Travel Proposals, Itineraries & Ideas
Whether you decide to spend only a weekend or a entire holiday in our region,
here you will find ideas and suggestions on the most fascinating places, activities, villages and paths to discover the most authentic Abruzzo!
Curiosity, suggestions, travel stories: information and news to get to know Abruzzo and the many experiences to be experienced in our wonderful region.
In the Valle Roveto, on a plateau overlooking the wide valley crossed by the river Liri, rises Civita D'Antino.
Localizzazione dei Punti di interesse
Entitled to the great historian Fortunato Bellonzi, the Museum that has its headquarters in the Castle of Torre dei Passeri,…
The Museum of Contemporary Sacred Art is located inside the new San Gabriele Sanctuary and…
Gypsum, in addition to its geological and speleological value, has an exceptional cultural value for many towns in the…
The Museum houses the famous collections from the sanctuaries and the Samnite necropolis of Alfedena.
The archaeological museum "F.
The archaeological museum is housed in the fortified village of Rovere in some medieval rooms recently renovated and located…
The Archaeological Museum of Vastese is located in the Castle of Monteodorisio and exhibits…
The MediaMuseum is not simply a collection of memory finds, but a highly suggestive multimedia place, able to link the past…
In this space (three floors of an old renovated building) has been set up the museum of peasant civilization…
The Museum of Material Culture has been set up in some rooms of the old Town Hall of Montepagano.
The Civic Didactic Museum of Medieval and Renaissance musical instruments was inaugurated on August 12, 2000.
Casalincontrada, a small town near the Majella National Park, has an extraordinary heritage of raw earth houses…
It rises on Mount Porrara at almost 1300 m asl, on a cliff that makes the building impenetrable on three…
It is one of the most spectacular and famous Celestinian Hermitages of Majella.
It is the Celestinian hermitage best known for its spectacular position, perched on a huge rock face of Morrone…
The Hermitage of the Holy Spirit in Majella is the largest and most famous of all the Mother Mountain, a…
Also known as the Hermitage of Fra' Nicola, it has a modest appearance and does not show the sacred character…
The museum, an old idea of the Roccacaramanico Association founded in 1981 with the primary aim of restoring life to the…
The Museum contains more than a thousand objects: most of them date back to the period between the end of the nineteenth…
The MUSPAC has a permanent collection that includes works by international artists such as Joseph Beuys,…
The Fortress of Civitella del Tronto is one of the most important military engineering works in Italy: it…
The Stanislao Kuckiewicz International Fly Fishing Museum is a sports museum located in the premises of the former Convent of…
The International Museum of Women in Art -MIDA - is the only one of its kind in Italy and Europe.
Established at the behest of the municipal administration of Città S. Angelo in 1998 (former tobacco factory).
The Missionary Ethnographic Museum, set up thanks to the illustrious fellow citizen Father Salvatore Zavarella, who handed…
The Museo dell'Abruzzo Bizantino and Altomedievale is housed in the Ducal Castle of Crecchio. The exposition of the finds is…
The War Museum for Peace, inaugurated in 2001, is located inside the enchanting Martucci Palace, a fortified…
The Museum of Textile Creative Arts (NACT) collects a collection of fashion history from the end of the…
The Tostiano Institute, established in 1983, is an institution of musical commitment and deals with the…
The TO KE Museum, located in the heart of the medieval village of Ripattoni (TE), preserves a conspicuous heritage of works of…
The Museum is housed in an Art Nouveau building belonging to the Paparella Treccia family, to whom we owe the…
The Museum contains machinery, memorabilia, memories, rare and precious objects connected with the ancient art…
The museum is divided into two rooms and three sections: the paleontological room that includes the fossil section and the "…
The Museum is located in the heart of the historic center, inside a tower from whose terrace you can enjoy a wonderful view of…
The Museum contains various testimonies of the life and work of the local community, characterized by an agro-pastoral…
The Museum presents rather heterogeneous material: the naturalistic collections, some archaeological finds as…
Inside the A.R.S.S.A.
The Museum has two floors: the three well-preserved millstones are naturally located on the ground floor and require an…
The Museum of Rural Civilization in Val Vibrata, located in the hamlet of San Giuseppe, a worker of Controguerra, in a typical…
The last museum to be built in Atri in recent years is the "Antonio di Jorio" Museum Archive, opened in 1996. It is located in the hall of the Municipal Theatre and was named after one of the most illustrious musicians of Abruzzo in the twentieth century.
The "Federico Spoltore" Museum, recognized by the Abruzzo Region in 2001, documents the cultural and artistic experience of Federico Spoltore. To the furniture and art objects already owned by the Spoltore family, were added the most significant works of the painter who saw the light and worked within those walls.
Entitled to the great historian Fortunato Bellonzi, the Museum that has its headquarters in the Castle of Torre dei Passeri, purchased by the Gizzi family in 1967 and renovated from the foundations, collects graphic and pictorial works illustrating the Divine Comedy, made by artists of the 1800s and 1900s both Italian and foreign.
Built in the second half of the 19th century by the same famous cellist and composer Gaetano Braga (Giulianova,1829 - Milan,1907), it is used as a house-museum: there are several works of art (paintings, drawings, sculptures) by important artists on the figure and life of the musician, as well as letters, illustrations, documents, scores, the result of research conducted in Italy and abroad by
Naturalistic and Archaeological Museum dedicated to Paolo Barrasso, a well-known biologist who died on the Morrone mountain in 1991; here the most significant aspects of Majella are illustrated, thanks to the naturalistic section, which reproduces the different environments of the Park, and to the archaeological one, which collects finds from different periods.
The Museum of Contemporary Sacred Art is located inside the new San Gabriele Sanctuary and boasts a collection of works of great cultural importance. The Museum has three collections located in three rooms: one on the first floor (above the Penitentiary) of 300 square meters.
The Acerbo Museum houses the most beautiful and rich collection of ceramics of Castelli, the fruit of the passion of Baron Giacomo Acerbo.
The Museum is housed in the beautiful rooms of Palazzo Ferri, in Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
Gypsum, in addition to its geological and speleological value, has an exceptional cultural value for many towns in the Aventine valley. The most complex and spectacular aspects of Gessopalena can be seen in the use of this stone in the building industry, which has given rise to a real village.
The Museum houses the famous collections from the sanctuaries and the Samnite necropolis of Alfedena.
The Museum illustrates, through visual effects and environments, the archaeological materials that document the history of the city of Chieti, come to light during excavations on the south-western slopes of the hill, not far from the site occupied in the past by the Civitella stadium.
The archaeological museum "F. Ferrari", set up on the ground floor of the town hall, was inaugurated in 1999 and houses in six rooms the funerary objects dating from the ninth and third centuries BC found in the necropolis of Còmino.
The building that houses the Civic Archaeological Museum is a container full of memory: from the church dedicated to St. Charles, in the early 1600s, to Palazzo del Tribunale in the second half of the nineteenth century.
The Museum is located in a complex of eighteenth-century buildings and consists of three rooms: the first is a tribute to the figure and work of Ing. Vincenzo Rosati, director of the ancient School of Arts and Crafts of the Orphanage of Atri and houses numerous archaeological finds recovered by the eminent scholar atriano.
The Archaeological Civic Museum of Collelongo, housed since 1985 in Palazzo Botticelli, preserves and exhibits numerous precious finds dating from the sixth century BC to the first century AD found in the Italic-Roman settlement of the nearby valley of Amplero, which consists of an acropolis, a village and two necropoli
The Archaeological Civic Museum "Antonio De Nino", opened in 2005 and housed in a seventeenth-century noble palace, in the medieval village of Corfinio, collects the numerous finds found in the excavation campaigns carried out in the territory of Corfinium, the ancient capital of the Italian Peoples.
The Archaeological Museum of Schiavi di Abruzzo is dedicated to one of the most important and best preserved sacred areas of worship used by the Samnites Pentri, the Italic population who built the temples from the second century BC.
Founded in 1849 as an municipal archaeological museum of Vasto, it is the oldest museum in Abruzzo. Since 1998, is housed on the ground floor of Palazzo D'Avalos and presents a refined and modern exhibition.
The archaeological museum is housed in the fortified village of Rovere in some medieval rooms recently renovated and located below the fifteenth-century church of St. Peter. Inside it has been organized an archaeological exhibition that documents the various stages of the construction of the village and the castle and allows you to admire the numerous findings recovered.
The Archaeological Museum of Vastese is located in the Castle of Monteodorisio and exhibits a selection of the most significant manifestations of the material culture of the people who lived in the territory now known as Vastese. The themes and objects are proposed in an essentially chronological itinerary, from prehistory to the middle ages.
The "Romualdi" museum, housed in the palace donated by the family of the same name to the municipality of Notaresco, was created to house the finds found in about 70 archaeological sites located in the territory of Notaresco and nearby surroundings. The structure consists of two floors plus a basement.
The establishment of the Aufidenate Civic Museum dates back to 1898. The first site housed the archaeological material that had been found in the municipal area and its surroundings. In the first half of the twentieth century, the Museum documented the Sannita and Roman civilizations that took place in Alto Sangro. The cataloging of the materia
In the heart of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise, in the beautiful village of Villavallelonga at 1005 meters above sea level, stands the Visitor Center of the Bear of Villavallelonga.
In Piazza della Libertà, in Giulianova Paese, stands an elegant noble chapel, designed by the late architect Lupi di Teramo. After a narrow vestibule you enter the small hall covered by a dome that ends with a low lantern. Behind the altar there are still some steps of the ancient rear entrance of the chapel.
The "Don Domenico Grossi" Museum exhibits a precious collection of objects of sacred art and jewellery. It is housed in the premises of the medieval crypt and, in three rooms, collects the most important pieces from the cathedral from other city churches. The works on display range from the fourteenth century to 1700.
The MediaMuseum is not simply a collection of memory finds, but a highly suggestive multimedia place, able to link the past and present with the future of the audiovisual image.
The Civic Gallery of Modern Art has been set up in the Orsini-Colonna Castle and exhibits sculptures, paintings and graphics acquired since 1949, the year of the first Marsicana exhibition of painting that would later be called the Premio Avezzano. Over the years the collection has been greatly enriched and today it is possible to admire the works of numerous artists. On the floor below the Pin
In 1895 the City Administration donated to the artist Basilio Cascella an extensive plot of land, which became the school of graphic design forge of many artists.
Next to the remains of the home of Cardinal Mazzarino, born on 14.07.1602 and died on 9.03.1661, was established in 1970 a House Museum whose rooms display, in addition to documents and books of various kinds relating to the life of the Cardinal, also prints, tapestries and models.
The Civic Museum "Gate of the Earth" collects finds coming from the territory of San Salvo and in particular from the area of the Quadrilateral, object of archaeological investigations since 1997.
The important cultural institution was born as Museum of Sacred Art in fact, in it, have merged all the abandoned finds in the attics of the sacristies and churches of St. John and Paul Martyrs and Our Lady of Grace being part of the artistic-devotional dowry of the ancient churches of Cerchio: first of all the ancient church matrix S. Maria dell'Annunziata vulgarly called within the walls.
In this space (three floors of an old renovated building) has been set up the museum of peasant civilization. There are some testimonies (tools and objects) of the life and work of this small community, characterized in the past by a remarkable development of the armaments industry. At the beginning of the 1700s, in fact, there were about 35,000 sheep.
The Museum of Material Culture has been set up in some rooms of the old Town Hall of Montepagano. Inside are exposed objects of various kinds: musical instruments, typewriters, books and old photos, work tools, both agricultural and artisan.
The Civic Didactic Museum of Medieval and Renaissance musical instruments was inaugurated on August 12, 2000. Currently the Museum has five rooms, at the Doge's Palace, with a collection of 52 "reconstructions", where we find instruments used from the eighth century AD to the end of the sixteenth century.
The Cultural Pole of Santa Chiara, located in the former convent of the same name, includes the Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art, the Municipal Picture Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art, the Diocesan Library.
The Diocesan Museum of Lanciano is one of the most important museums of sacred art in the Abruzzo region.
Opened to the public in December 2003, it is one of the most important sacred art museums in the region and a real treasure trove of works of art. It is located in the large rooms adjacent to the Cathedral of St. Thomas the Apostle, a building of early Christian origin renovated in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
Composed of two floors: the lower floor, linked to the Middle Ages, by the architecture, sculptures and frescoes, the upper room, divided into themed rooms, including the jewelry, the picture gallery, the wooden sculpture, the room codes and the room vestments bishop.
Casalincontrada, a small town near the Majella National Park, has an extraordinary heritage of raw earth houses, rural houses built with the technique of the "Mason", a simple mixture of straw, water and earth.
This is an original and refined photographic research of the late 1800s which, moving from Ellis Island, the small island in the bay of New York, where 26 million emigrants passed in a hundred years, describes with literary, poetic and psychological cues, all the pain that lies behind every detachment.
It rises on Mount Porrara at almost 1300 m asl, on a cliff that makes the building impenetrable on three sides. It was probably the first place where Pietro Angeleri lived as a hermit before taking his vows. Here the future Pope Celestine V, once reached Majella, stopped in a cave and began the hermit's life.
It is one of the most spectacular and famous Celestinian Hermitages of Majella. The building stretches out in a dry landscape, under a rocky ridge that completely covers it, so much so that it camouflages in the rock.
It is the Celestinian hermitage best known for its spectacular position, perched on a huge rock face of Morrone, overlooking the Peligna Valley. Here Pietro Angelerio, future Pope Celestine V, spent much of his life.
The Hermitage of the Holy Spirit in Majella is the largest and most famous of all the Mother Mountain, a small Monastery built among the rocks. Although it has undergone several transformations over the centuries, it still retains the charm due to its wonderful position in the homonymous valley.
Also known as the Hermitage of Fra' Nicola, it has a modest appearance and does not show the sacred character of the construction.
The hermitage of Sant'Onofrio is located a few km from the centre of Serramonacesca, in the Majella National Park, at about 725 meters above sea level.
Today it is reflected in the clear waters of the reservoir of the same name created in the 1920s with a dam on the Sagittarius. The hermitage consists of a cave, the sacred speco, where the Holy Taumaturge found himself in penance around the year 1000, and the church in front of the portico.
Rock church of the XII/XIII century (rottoes and hermitage) opens at 1,266 m asl at the foot of a cliff that overlooks the Fourth Great, on the slopes of Mount Pizzalto, in front of Colle Riina where Lombard tombs have been found.
The museum, an old idea of the Roccacaramanico Association founded in 1981 with the primary aim of restoring life to the ancient village depopulated by the total emigration of the inhabitants and destined to complete ruin, is in the name of the girls from Albignasego and Saonara (PD), Diana Olivetti and Tamara Gobbo, who spent their holidays in a nearby farm and August 20, 1997
The Ethnographic Museum, founded in 1990, collects the tools that man has used for thousands of years to produce everything necessary to meet his needs and improve the social conditions of the family. in this museum the objects have been distributed in six rooms reproducing the different environments of a farmhouse.
The Museum contains more than a thousand objects: most of them date back to the period between the end of the nineteenth century and the beginning of the twentieth, but some wooden artifacts also date back to the eighteenth century. It summarizes and enhances the peculiar and original aspects of the forestry and pastoral civilization and of the craftsmanship of the Teramo area.
The Ex Libris Mediterraneo Museum in Ortona, second in Italy and third in Europe, is dedicated to the ex libris, a figurative mark, often accompanied by a motto, which is applied on the finish line of the book to define its ownership (lett. "from the books of").
The MUSPAC has a permanent collection that includes works by international artists such as Joseph Beuys, Jannis Kounellis, Fabio Mauri, Mario Merz, Michelangelo Pistoletto, Giulio Paolini and Italian artists of Abruzzo origin (see permanent collection).
The Museum allows visitors to take a trip through the Park's plant diversity and is an original initiative, one of the few of its kind in Italy and Europe.
At the edge of the small village of Palombaro, at almost 800 meters above sea level, in a very suggestive naturalistic context within the Majella National Park, is the Grotta Sant' Angelo.
The Fortress of Civitella del Tronto is one of the most important military engineering works in Italy: it extends, in fact, for more than 500 meters in length and includes a total area of about 25,000 square meters.
The Polo Museale Santo Spirito is the museum of the City of Lanciano in the province of Chieti, houses the Archaeological Museum and 2 rooms for temporary exhibitions.
Teramo, the ancient Interamnia (interamnes: between rivers), has its roots in prehistory. Today it preserves several monumental testimonies of the ancient city in its heyday, when it became a Roman municipality. Already the walls of the Cathedral (XI-XV century), in Piazza Martiri della Libertà, show the Doric friezes of the first century.
The Stanislao Kuckiewicz International Fly Fishing Museum is a sports museum located in the premises of the former Convent of La Maddalena in Castel di Sangro (AQ).
The International Museum of Women in Art -MIDA - is the only one of its kind in Italy and Europe. It is located in the municipality of SCONTRONE, a small village of 200 inhabitants, and has so far supplied 100 works of painting, sculpture and photography by one hundred artists from 35 countries around the world.
Iuvanum is an important archaeological site, classified by the Ministry of Environmental Heritage "archaeological area of national interest". It is located on the eastern side of the Majella and near Montenerodomo, next to the ruins of the Abbey of Santa Maria del Palazzo. The ancient Juvanum was founded by t
Established at the behest of the municipal administration of Città S. Angelo in 1998 (former tobacco factory). Since 2001, the institution has pursued the aim of keeping the pre-existing space open at all times, as a laboratory for experimentation and research, useful for all the possible expressions of contemporary visual art.
Housed in the former Franciscan convent of Santa Maria in Constantinople, the museum houses numerous works from the early Middle Ages to the present day, donated mainly by the citizens of Castelli. The wonderful objects exhibited in the ancient rooms belong to artists from some famous families such as Grue, Gentili, Cappelletti and Fuina.
The Museum of Ceramics of Rapino was founded in December 2003, with the intention of revaluing an ancient art that has carried the name of Rapino around the world, it is located in the ancient convent of San Antonio, an architectural complex dating back to 1645 and consists of different rooms, each characterized by works by different authors, eras and styles, among them, the Museum boasts the p
The museum displays examples of tapestries, fabrics, some models of cannons from the 1700s, paintings from the 1800s and maps of ancient Abruzzo, sacred vestments from the 1700s, military decorations and knights, as well as paintings, prints and photographs by Salle in both ancient and modern settings.
The Museum and Documentation Centre of the Franciscan Order in Abruzzo and Molise (Order of Friars Minor Conventual) is located in the fortress of the Castle of Monteodorisio (intended as an ancient village surrounded by walls) dating back to the 11th century rebuilt in the fifteenth century and adapted to stately residence in the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries.
The Michetti Museum (Mu.Mi.) is located in Piazza San Domenico adjacent to the homonymous building dating back to the first half of the seventeenth century in the heart of the upper district of the city of Francavilla al Mare. The Museum, named after the artist Francesco Paolo Michetti, who lived most of his life in Francavilla from 1873 to 1929, the year of his death, is structured on two leve
The Missionary Ethnographic Museum, set up thanks to the illustrious fellow citizen Father Salvatore Zavarella, who handed over important finds from every continent free of charge, was set up by the Municipality with the financial assistance of the local Cooperative Credit Bank.
The MOM - Museum of the Marsican Bear - housed in a wing of the former convent of St. Anthony in the Municipality of Palena, consists of 5 sections set up with panels, dioramas and a striking reconstruction of the forest at night.
On the slight slope at the edge of the hill the remains of the early medieval settlement are present, and extend over an area of about 35,000 square meters.
Inaugurated in Pescina on May 1st 2006 and realized in collaboration with the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, with the Archival Superintendence for Abruzzo and with the State Archives of L'Aquila, the Silone Museum is housed in the premises, renovated in the past to house the Ignazio Silone Study Centre, of the former convent of S
The Chapter Museum of Atri was established in 1912 with works from the Cathedral and other churches in the city. Completely renovated in the 60s, the structure of the Museum is now divided into ten rooms, arranged around the upper order of the Cloister of the Cathedral, brick construction on two levels erected in the early '200.
The Museo dell'Abruzzo Bizantino and Altomedievale is housed in the Ducal Castle of Crecchio. The exposition of the finds is articulated on two floors of the Castle and collects exceptional finds that have allowed to reconstruct the civilization of the Byzantine Abruzzo. Two rooms on the first floor host a permanent exhibition entitled "Etruscans in Abruzzo". On the second floor, there are nume
The War Museum for Peace, inaugurated in 2001, is located inside the enchanting Martucci Palace, a fortified building of the seventeenth century, transformed into a noble residence during the eighteenth century.
The Castle of Nocciano, exhibition center and cultural production, opens to different fields of expression: from visual arts to literature, from theater to cinema, music to new technologies. A small kingdom of images, sounds and words, his activity revolves around the Permanent Exhibition of Contemporary Artists of Abruzzo (MARCA).
The Museum of Textile Creative Arts (NACT) collects a collection of fashion history from the end of the eighteenth century to the first after the war. With more than 500 pieces, it represents one of the largest Italian collections in nineteenth-century textile history.
The Tostiano Institute, established in 1983, is an institution of musical commitment and deals with the dissemination of the life and works of the composer Francesco Paolo Tosti (Ortona, April 9, 1846 - Rome, December 2, 1916), other musicians from Abruzzo, and more generally vocal chamber music and other areas of musical culture.
The Museum documents the dramatic events of the war in 1943, which earned the city of Ortona the award of the Gold Medal for Civil Valor. It was inaugurated on 6 May 2002 with the intervention of the Canadian Ambassador. The Museum is dedicated to the memory of the 1314 civilian victims and to the many Canadian and German soldiers who died during the Battle of Hortona.
The TO KE Museum, located in the heart of the medieval village of Ripattoni (TE), preserves a conspicuous heritage of works of modern art and modern mosaics made with the ancient technique of manual cutting.
The Museum is housed in an Art Nouveau building belonging to the Paparella Treccia family, to whom we owe the creation of this collection, which originates from the passion of Professor Raffaele Mattarella Treccia and his wife Margherita.
The continuous search for its cultural roots has favoured the creation of a small but rich museum of ancient trades in Guilmi, a small town in the Vasto hinterland. The museum wants to tell the story of how the Guilmesi lived in the past, a story told through real objects that seem to have come out of books of ancient history.
In the museum you can admire antiques of all kinds, and among these vehicles and vintage carriages such as, for example, the coach of 1820 transporting 'Giuseppe Garibaldi "the hero of the two worlds "to move from Pianella (Pescara) to Castelfidardo, or the truck "Balilla" with box that served' to transport the wounded of the bombing of 1943 in Nereto at the hospital.
The museum is housed in the Martinetti-Bianchi building and is named after Costantino Barbella, a 19th century theatine sculptor. The museum exhibits paintings and sculptures that cover a period of time ranging from the fourteenth century to the present day.
The Museum contains machinery, memorabilia, memories, rare and precious objects connected with the ancient art of the production of sugared almonds in Sulmona.
Palazzo Fanzago (1626-1642), so called in reference to its designer Cosimo Fanzago (from Bergamo), was intended to house the monastery of the Poor Clares of S. Scolastica. It is the most interesting public building, characterized by six large baroque niches (fake windows) that alternate with a closed and broken crown gable on the main facade, overlooking the Town Hall Square.
The structure hosts an interactive museum on Abruzzo Chamois. Didactic-informative panels illustrate the vicissitudes of the animal, which disappeared from Gran Sasso over 100 years ago, and document the phases of the reintroduction project.
The museum is divided into two rooms and three sections: the paleontological room that includes the fossil section and the "man" section and the room of the ambers.
Adjoining the Church of Our Lady of Grace, the museum exhibits what has been jealously guarded over the centuries by the Toranese. The museum aims to promote and recover timeless values: faith, institutions, culture, art and traditions.
The Museum of Sacred Art of Marsica, which is located in the castle Piccolomini of Celano, was created in collaboration with the Diocese of Mars, to exhibit, protect and enhance the artistic heritage of Marsica.
The Museum is located in the heart of the historic center, inside a tower from whose terrace you can enjoy a wonderful view of the Sagittarius Valley and Lake San Domenico. The Museum preserves a collection of objects of peasant art. In the premises of the old Town Hall there is also a "Centre of documentation on the traditions of the work of Villalago".
The museum of maritime culture was built in Tortoreto Lido, in Via Nazionale Nord, 1 in 1998 by the cultural association "Colligere". The initiative aims to collect examples of tools used by local fishermen in past years and various examples of marine biology to enhance the marine culture.
The Museum contains various testimonies of the life and work of the local community, characterized by an agro-pastoral economy: of relief, a gigantic 18th century oil mill, tools for sewing and handicraft, Neolithic finds and some locks with an original closing mechanism used only in S. Benedetto in Perillis.
The museum of modern art "Vittoria Colonna" in Pescara, inaugurated with the exhibition dedicated to Chagall, is housed in an architectural complex originally designed by the architect Eugenio Montuori in the 50s, and now completely renovated and technologically adapted to the new exhibition functions by the architect Gaetano Colleluori.
The Museum presents rather heterogeneous material: the naturalistic collections, some archaeological finds as evidence of the Mediterranean civilizations and a small picture gallery with paintings of the XVI-XVIII century, reliquaries, sacred volumes of Coptic art and the precious Christogram of 1426.
Inside the A.R.S.S.A. headquarters in the city of Avezzano is the Casino of Caccia Torlonia, which today houses the permanent museum of peasant culture. The tools of hard work and peasant industriousness have found their ideal place in an environment that in history has been the exclusive prerogative of the nobility.
The Museum was created in 1987 and collects tools used by farmers in the work of the fields and tools of the peasant house of the past. The affective bond of farmers and their women to these objects has allowed their preservation and recovery. The installation of the museum on the premises of the town hall allows an organic vision of all the material collected.
The museum is housed in the ancient "Palazzo De Gregoris"; here are exposed about 300 objects that testify the agricultural and artisan activity of Morro D'Oro (TE) for over two centuries. In the various rooms, arranged on three floors, are preserved agricultural tools, objects and household furnishings, tools for woodworking and weaving.
The Museum has two floors: the three well-preserved millstones are naturally located on the ground floor and require an intervention for the reconstitution of the hoppers: around the millstones, the various objects necessary for the processing of wheat and maize, for weighing and other uses.
The Museum of Rural Civilization in Val Vibrata, located in the hamlet of San Giuseppe, a worker of Controguerra, in a typical rural structure, was founded in 1982 by an association of enthusiasts and scholars of popular culture and traditions and with the first collaboration of the Cultural Service Center of Nereto (TE).
In 2004 was inaugurated the Museum of Popular Traditions, located in the town hall, named after Prof. Alfonso M. Nola, famous anthropologist, who died in 1997, honorary citizen of Cocullo for his long attendance and studies conducted on the traditional Feast of San Domenico - Rite of the Serpari.